GET READY FOR FUN - WE ARE GONNA WEAR YOU OUT!
THIS EVENT DEPENDS ON WIND for our Kite, Windsurf, and SUP downwinder races...
Therefore......... this schedule is not set in stone and is subject to changes -constantly..... the working schedule will be announced at the Rider's Meeting at Palapas Ventana on Jan 16th and then posted daily at the Event Site at the Master of Ceremonies (MC, aka Announcer) tent on the beach during the event..It is your responsibility to stay updated with any schedule changes.......... CHECK THE HOMEPAGE OF THIS WEBSITE for forecast-based changes. We will use the Home Page of The La Ventana Classic to communicate with you during The 2018 La Ventana Classic.
Jan 16 -Daytime - Clinics
evening - Welcome Party at Palapas Ventana! Gerry's Taco Bar opens at 5pm
Registrations, Jerseys, Rider's Meeting - all sports
The Rider's Meeting is Mandatory. For safety. For the schools. For the children. We need to see you in person and talk to you, because you are important to us! We used to call this a "Skippers Meeting", but some kooks thought they could "skip" it. You will hear this and other mandatory meetings at The Event Site referred to as Racer's Meetings, Rider's Meetings, and Skipper's Meetings. Think of them as You-Have-to-Be-There-No-Matter-What-Meetings.
- 10:00 am - Strapless Clinic with Ocean Rodeo Pro Reece Meyerscough @ Hot Springs Beach.
- 10 am Womens Island fun ride with Elevation Kiteboarding Marie Lecleire and Laura Mahrer of SlingShot
- 11:00 am - Early Registration at Palapas Ventana Restaurant and Bar for Wind and SUP Competitor and Sportsman (no other registrations), early Jersey pickup for Wind and SUP Competitor and Sportsman.
- 4:00 pm - 530 pm - Early Registration and jersey pickup closes at Palapas Ventana Restaurant and Bar.
- 5:00 pm - Welcome Party! Taco Bar - carne asado and fresh fish with all the trimmings - welcome to real Beers and Margaritas - Rider's Meeting (Racer's Meeting, Skipper's Meeting, You Have to be There No Matter What Meeting--mandatory meeting). Jersey pickup for Wind and SUP Competitor and Sportsman. Video presentation. 2017 LVC T-shirt and hat sales - get yours early before they run out - supply limited. Get the rules, latest schedules based on weather forecasts, meet your friends, support the schools. Beer, wine, margaritas, mixed drinks and bar food available for purchase. Drink and eat for the children! Registration for Wind and SUP Competitor and Sportsman. Registration for Party Island Downwinder Poker Run with Baja Joe's crew.
- 530 - 7pm registration continues
- 7pm video and announcements
- 8pm - 10 pm registration and party
Jan 17 - Daytime - EXPO Opens! More Clinics
and Party Island Downwinder
nightime - 7 pm after Party @ Joe's Garage! with Stamina Reggae Band!!
- 10:30 am - Foi and Racing Clinic with Joey Pasquale at the Hot Springs
- 11:00 am - The EXPO opens and the new gear is yours to try! Come out and test all the new gear. Be the first to ride all the new kites, boards, and equipment!
- 11 am - Party Island Downwinder Poker Run sponsored by Baja Joe's and Elevation Kite School.
- 7 pm - Joe's Garage Post-Downwinder Poker Run Party! Play your hand and win! Awards for the Poker Run winners! killer tunes from STAMINA REGGAE BAND
Jan 18 - Competition Begins! EXPO continues plus raffle and fun!
evening - Surf Music BEACH PARTY at Chill O Chill resort
- 10:00 am - The EVENT begins and the competition starts EXPO opens at 11 - SUP racing in am, course racing or long distance racing in pm, Freestyle and Big Air in windiest part of the day. SUP downwinder. School kids dancing. Schools and restaurants selling food at the event. Fun beach games and awesome raffle!
- 6:00 pm - Maui Mike serving up tasty dinner at the beach bbq
- 7:00 pm - Beach Party at Chilo Chill Food, drinks, and Music from the sounds of legendary surf lucha band The Mexican Weirdohs and Barracudas - plus flamethrowers fire dancing and more!!
Jan 19- More EXPO! More Comps! More RAFFLE!
evening - 6 pm VIP Sponsor Only thank you dinner at Palapas Ventana
7pm Mexi Buffet at Marlin Azul
7:30 pm FUZZY FRITZ and DJ GUACAMOLE Dance Party@ Marlin AZUL
- 10:00 am - EXPO opens at 11 all. EVENT continues. Competition continues - SUP racing in am, course racing or long distance racing in pm, Freestyle and Big Air in windiest part of the day. SUP downwinder. School kids dancing. Schools and restaurants selling food at the event. Fun beach games and awesome raffle!
- 1pm Mtn Bike Slow Race - costumes required
- 6:00 pm - if you are a sponsor of the La Ventana Classic EXPO level or higher come and enjoy a great dinner and presentation about the events future and helping our local students and schools
- 7:00 pm - dinner and Dance Party Marlin Azul - rip it up with Guac and Fritz
Jan 20 - EXPO, Comps
evening - KILOMETRO rocks Baja Joes - get tickets online now - Pink Floyd tributes meet Classic Rock and Funk all rolled up into a good time!! save 5 usd by buying now on registration page
- 10:00 am - EXPO opens at 11 . EVENT rolls on! Competition continues - SUP racing in am, course racing or long distance racing in pm, Freestyle and Big Air in windiest part of the day. SUP downwinder. School kids dancing. Schools and restaurants selling food at the event. Fun beach games and awesome Final Raffle!
- 10 am Mtn Bike Enduro Race
- 8:00 pm - Kilometro rocks Baja Joes tickets15 usd online and 20 usd at the door - This is gonna go off!!!
Jan 21 - EXPO, Comps, and Grand Finale RAFFLE!
evening - CHARITY AUCTION and AWARDS PARTY at Delaneys with FLIPSKA
- 10:00 am - EXPO opens at 11. EVENT finals! Competition wraps up - SUP racing in am, course racing or long distance racing in pm, Freestyle and Big Air in windiest part of the day. SUP downwinder. School kids dancing. Schools and restaurants selling food at the event. Fun beach games and
- 10 am Mtn Bike 10K Race followed by Slow Race finals at noon
- 430 pm Grand Finale Raffle
- 600 pm pizza feast begins at Dalaneys
- 7:00 pm - Charity Auction and Awards Party at Dalaneys with Flip Ska band! get your cash prizes and trophies and have a blast!!
Jan 22 - wake up: Bloody Marys, massages and giant worn out grins - lets do it again next year - thanks for supporting our schools!!Have a safe flight home!!